by Maid Cleaning Nashville - May 24, 2018
Tips on Moving to Nashville a Relocation Guide
A Moving Adventure to Nashville
Whether you are moving to Music City to try out your strumming and songs on the country music scene, relocating for a job, testing the climate, starting a business or any other reason, it’s a good decision. Nashville is a wonderful blend of charm, history, Southern hospitality, sophistication, recreation and opportunity. And, of course, music.
The sense of discovery is intriguing because there is so much to discover once you are here. And as Chevy Chase so aptly quipped in the original movie “Vacation”: [Because] getting there is half the fun! Well, maybe. Moving can represent a real mix of excitement and apprehension. Because it’s Nashville, the excitement emotions win hands-down. Among the kudos are:
- one of top 10 cities to launch a career
- #3 fastest growing large metro economy
- #1 metro area for professional and business service jobs
- #6 city for young professionals
- #7 of top 25 fastest growing cities for 2018 [Forbes]
- one of best cities for job seekers
- #1 minor league baseball city
- #7 in tech job creation
Families, young professionals, couples, singles, pre-retirees and already retired folks find an abundant selection of houses, condos, patio homes and townhouses which can be viewed at home. Those inclined to buy a new family home need only click over to www.realtor.com and type in Nashville, then narrow down by filters.
Once you find a home, look for more information online like school websites, doctors and veterinarians. Uprooting kids can be challenging so show them schools, sports programs, mascots, etc. A working spouse or partner can look for volunteer and job opportunities as well as churches and community organizations and activities. Most counties and town have websites. And suggest your new home be thoroughly cleaned by maidcleaningnashville.com’s professional maids. Their flat rates, deep cleaning quality every time and 5-star reviews make it the premier cleaning service in and around Nashville.
According to Forbes Magazine, Nashville is one of the top fastest-growing cities with an estimated average of 70 people per day moving to the Music City’s region of central Tennessee. Relocating has a common thread with Christmas in making a list and checking it twice. Actually, many lists are in order for a major move, and here are a few get-started tasks to stay organized and maximize the excitement side.
- Start a notebook for all family members to jot down questions and ideas.
- Develop an ideal timeline, staying flexible as necessary.
- Collect used packing materials and boxes from big box or grocery stores for packing your own stuff. Professional packers are highly skilled, but usually there are a few personal things to be packed independently.
- Check relocation benefits if it’s a corporate or academic move.
- Look at IRS Tax Topic 455 for potential tax deductions.
- Drain gas and oil from power equipment.
- Arrange for cleaning service at your departure location to give you more time on the important moving logistics. If possible, suggest that your new place be cleaned top to bottom by maidcleaningnashville.com, the premier, locally-owned, maid service in and around Nashville.
- Moving companies quote costs based on weight, so decide early if you want to move major home appliances, heavy equipment or large furniture. There are furniture and appliance stores, thrift and consignment shops and garage sales all over Nashville.
- Take advantage of the move to recycle, donate and get rid of things you rarely use.
- Movers do not disconnect computers, televisions and some appliances, so plan ahead and take photos of the connections before you disassemble anything.
- Pack a box of small tools, flashlight, paper towels, toilet paper, paper plates, towels, soap and other necessary stuff to go in the moving truck last for coming out first.
- Keep receipts connected to the move in a large envelope for possible tax benefits.
- For information on utilities, taxes, vehicle registration, driver’s licenses, voter registration, etc.
- Be sure to exchange cell numbers with the van driver.
- If you are driving to Nashville to relocate, look for interesting routes and things to see along the way.
To whet your appetite for a new life in Nashville, log on to www.visitmusiccity.com for the scoop on entertainment, shopping, dining, recreation, nightlife, attractions and music. From the Grand Ole Opry, Tennessee Performing Arts Center and Nashville Opera to Cheekwood Estate and Gardens, Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, Jack Daniel Distillery and the Honky Tonk Highway, there’s no shortage of amusement.
Once settled in your new Nashville home, contact maidcleaningnashville.com for a regularly-scheduled cleaning service so you can spend your free time exploring and building relationships. These house cleaners are all vetted, trained and experienced, and having a clean home will keep you more productive, healthy and energetic.
Moving across town or across the country is an adventure in making new friends, pursuing career objectives and expanding your personal horizons. Nashville is a very special place with an easy-going attitude and comfortable climate. With a positive approach to the moving strategy, a fun trip along the way, and the proverbial warm Southern hospitality welcome, you might just wonder why you did not relocate to Nashville for your home a long time ago.
Keep connected with us.
Please add your e-mail or follow us on Facebook, we will send you tips, recommendations and valuable information about cleaning topics.GET UPDATES No charge. Unsubscribe anytime.